We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company: Black & Veatch Quality Control
Req Id: 32721
Job Title: Site QC Inspector 3
Location : PJSANFIDE
Business Unit Sector: BQC-CONSTRUCTION-OPERATIONS
Opportunity Type: Staff
Relocation Eligible: No
Full time/Part-time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire: Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Initiates site inspections, acceptance, and/or rejection of work performed by various disciplines in compliance with applicable codes and/or specifications. Monitors construction schedule. Promotes the implementation of Black & Veatch (B&V) QC policies and standards in the support of project activities.
- Implements and monitors the B&V Field QC Manual and Construction Inspection and Test Plans in support of project requirements and construction schedule.
- Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure that the installed product meets applicable codes and specifications.
- Reviews analyze and evaluate supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Monitors subcontractor quality personnel in the execution of their work.
- Conducts quality inspections which may include the performance of Non-Destructive Testing, witnessing tests, review of testing by others (e.g.: soil testing, concrete testing, hydrostatic testing, etc.). Prepares and/or reviews reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
- Verifies that on-site welding and welding documentation meets code and specification requirements including review of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) documentation as applicable.
- Performs receipt inspections of goods in conjunction with material control staff, as required.
- Identifies non-conformances and participates in corrective actions.
- Reviews and controls the documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
- Assists in the coordination of punch list walk-downs/inspections.
- Attends and participates in site meetings as requested.
- Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
- Advocates Safety, HR, and B&V administrative programs in accordance with division policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities that will add value.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Time Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
- Human Resource Information System
- Multi-Tasking capabilities
- Knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Knowledge of construction technology and the EPC industry
- Constructability knowledge
- Reading of Erection Drawings e.g GA’s, P&ID’s and Isometrics
- Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve)
- Human Relation Skills (written, oral, client services)
- Expense Reporting System, Policies, and Procedures
- Working group’s Policies and Procedures
- Division Administrative & Project Policies and Procedures
Minimum of 2 years with a degree, minimum of 4 years without a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Certification in the discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or equivalent qualification, Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant equivalent is preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety-sensitive position.
- The Growing Popularity of Scented CandlesWhat makes smell the most visceral of all senses? Scent can transport you back to grandma’s kitchen or enliven your senses of a pristine beach with a soft murmur of waves and pleasant breezes. That is why buying perfumes is such an impulsive and extremely personal activity. You can have a team of experts recommending […]
- Coupon,Discount and Promo Codes 2018Couponssun is constantly offer finest and handy Discount coupons Discount Codes, Voucher Codes finest offers Discount rate Codes, Free shipping Codes for you. Do not fret about substantial rates and additional pay. Couponssun offers you the method of conserve cash and your valuable time for discovering finest online shopping shops and newest brand names. Where […]
- 6 Things To Consider To Help You Find The Best Packaging For Your CosmeticsIn this short article, we are going to speak about various kinds of packaging for cosmetic items. Similar to soaps, you have a great deal of alternatives to select from, such as bottles, containers and tubes. It’s essential that you decide for your color, size, and shape after a lot of thinking. You require to […]
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe